Many a times, we are being pulled down by the world around us simply because of the fact that we are ‘women’. Unfortunately this commonly happens in every part of the globe. The solution to this problem at the very primal level commences with us. And that is, by not letting ourselves to be pulled down for long. I learnt a very beautiful lesson from my elder sister who always kept a diary of some of the most inspiring women empowerment quotes with her which she would read regularly. Those quotes were always able to help her restore her inner strength whenever she would feel low. So, I also did the same in order to help myself in difficult times. Here, I would like to share some of these wonderful quotes which will allow you to feel proud of who you are.
1. “Feminism isn’t about making women strong. They are already strong. It’s about changing that way the world perceives that strength.”
2. “For I conclude that the enemy is not lipstick, but guilt itself; we deserve lipstick, if we want it. AND free speech; we deserve to be sexual AND serious- or whatever we please. We are entitled to wear cowboy boots to our own revolution.”
3. “Women will be hidden no more. We will not remain hidden figures. We have names…..It was woman that gave you Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It was women that gave you Malcolm X. and according to the bible, it was the women that gave you Jesus. Don’t you ever the forget it”
4. “The more I have spoken about feminism, the more I have realised that fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing for certain is, that this has to stop.”
5. “No women should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’ right are under attack, we fight back.”
6. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded. Not overlooked and ignored.”
7. “You don’t have to be pretty. You don’t owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend or spouse or partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the streets. You don’t owe it to your mother, you don’t owe it to your children, and you don’t it to civilisation in General. Prettiness is not the rent you pay for occupying a space marked “female”.
8. “I rose up my voice- not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard……we cannot succeed when half of us are held back.”
9. “There is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women.”
10. “I do not wish, women have to power over men; but over themselves.”
11. “Women have served all these centuries as looking glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size.”
12. “I hope the fathers and mothers of little girls will look at them and say ‘yes, women can.’
13. “The education and empowerment of women throughout the world cannot fail to result in a more caring, tolerant, just and peaceful life for all”
-Aung San Suu Kyi
14. “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”
15. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture a transform”.
16. “We never know how high we are, till we are called to rise; and then if we are true to plan, our statures touch the skies.”
17. “Remove these ‘I want you to like me’ stickers from your forehead and, instead place them where they truly will do the most good-on your mirror.”
18. “Whatever you do, be different – that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better for an entrepreneur. If you are different, you will stand out”
19. “Other women who are killing, it should motivate you, thrill you, challenge you and inspire you.”
20. “Do not bring people in your life who weighs you down. And trust your instincts…..good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They are not painful. That’s not just with somebody you want to marry. But it’s with the friends you choose. It’s with the people you surround yourself with”
21. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.”
22. “Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent”
- “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.”
- “Women are leaders everywhere you look- from CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes”.
- “Deal with yourself as an individual, worthy of respect and make everyone else deal with you the same way.”
- “I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else’s whim or to someone else’s ignorance.”
- “The greatest gift is not being afraid to question.”
- “A women’s gifts will make room for her.”
These quotes celebrate the power, strength and resolution of women. Being quoted by some of the most daring women, they would never let the kindle in us to blow down.