Makes 4 servings
1 1/4 cups paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into cubes
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup fresh curds (dahi)
1/2 tsp besan (bengal gram flour)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
For The Paste
1 1/4 cups sliced onions
1/4 cup finely chopped cauliflower
1 to 2 green chillies
12 mm (1/2 “) piece ginger , sliced
1 stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
1 clove (laung / lavang)
1 cup milk
For the paste
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes till the onions are soft and nearly all the liquid has evaporated. Cool.
- Purée the mixture to a smooth paste in a blender. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Combine the milk, curds and gram flour and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, kasuri methi and the prepared paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds and gram flour mixture, garam masala and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the paneer and coriander and mix well. Serve hot.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU: