If you want to please a special person on a special occasion, this is the right dessert to pick! A firm cheesecake finished with a sweet blueberry topping, this is a truly satisfying experience. It is quite exotic and different from other cheesecakes that make use of biscuits as a base—as this cheesecake uses soft luscious vanilla sponge. Since blueberries are not readily available in india, you can use blueberry crush, without changing the total effect in any way.
Setting Time: 3 hours
Makes 1 cheesecake
For The Base
1 1/4 cups crumbled vanilla sponge , readily available
2 tbsp sugar syrup , refer handy tip
For The Basic Cheesecake
1 ltr (5 cups) milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp powdered sugar
1/4 cup fresh cream
2 tbsp cream cheese , readily available
1/4 cup blueberry crush , readily available
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup beaten whipped cream
For The Garnish
8 tbsp blueberry crush
For the base
- Spread and press the sponge cake into the base of a 175 mm. (7″) loose bottomed cake tin.
- Soak the sponge cake layer with the sugar syrup and keep aside.
For the basic cheesecake
- Keep 4 tbsp milk aside and bring the remaining milk to boil in a deep pan.
- When the milk starts boiling, remove from the flame, add the lemon juice and wait for 2 minutes.
- Stir once and again wait for 2 minutes or till the milk is completely curdled. Strain it with the help of a strainer and squeeze out all the excess water from the paneer.
- Combine the prepared paneer, 4 tbsp milk (kept aside), sugar and fresh cream and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Strain the prepared mixture with the help of a sieve and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Combine the prepared basic cheesecake mixture, blueberry crush and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the prepared sponge cake base and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or till the cheesecake sets.
- Demould the cheesecake and cut into 6 equal wedges.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the blueberry crush on each wedge and serve chilled.
- To make 2 tbsp of sugar syrup, combine 2 tbsp of sugar with ½ tbsp of water in a small saucepan and allow to simmer on a slow flame till the sugar thickens.
- For parties, you can set the cheesecake into individual moulds of your choice.
By tarladalal.com & Tarla Dalal
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU:
What do you think?
You must be logged in to post a comment.